Special Guest Star

One of the perks of my other career as an entertainment journalist is getting to interview celebrities of note. Let me assure you, this person is an ideal fit. Not only has he gone where no man has gone before (and not to scout for the next Dice-K or Ichiro), but growing up in Montreal, William Shatner saw many Montreal Royals games at Delorimier Stadium -- including during the 1946 season when Jackie Robinson was starring for the Dodgers then-top farm club. Fortunately, his Uncle Louie (for reasons you'll have to hear from him, that was the real "character" in his family) had season tickets for the Royals home games, making young Billy an eyewitness to history.

Comments

Lloyd Thaxton said…
Special Guest Star? Perfect fit? Hey, what am I, chopped liver? I never missed a Toledo Mud Hen's Game (That is until they became the Glass Sox).

I was also on the Toledo Pee Wee Baseball team until I was 34. Is that some kind of baseball record, or what?

All together now. "We're strong for Toledo, T-O-L-E-D-OOOOO.Where the girls are the fairest and the boys the squarest, then any town that I knowwwwwwww!

Lloyd Thaxton

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Remnant of a Lost Ballpark

Another Yankee Trade

Will He Wear Zero in the Bronx?