Gary Carter

I saw Gary Carter play dozens of times in his 19-year career. But I only have two pictures of him. One, near the end of his career, was of him stretching before a 1991 game at Dodger Stadium. Until I magnified this, I wasn't even sure he was in it. Once I saw the man wearing number-8, I cropped and zoomed in to focus on Gary.
The other came with him out of uniform. Before a 2007 Spring Training game, he was honored for having managed the St. Lucie Mets to the previous year's Florida State League title. It says much about his love of the game that this Hall of Fame player loved working with young players, sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm with those just beginning their professional journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Remnant of a Lost Ballpark

Another Yankee Trade

Will He Wear Zero in the Bronx?