Autograph Time

It's always been easier to land an autograph in Spring Training. The lower-key atmosphere and smaller ballparks make it easier for fans to interact with their favorite stars. With a few minutes before the first pitch at last week's Mets/Tigers game in Port St. Lucie, these young fans passed their sharpies and baseballs to Jim Leyland just outside the Detroit dugout. Whose was your first autograph? Do you still have it? Is there a cool story behind it? (Mine was Dick Stuart, then-playing for the Phillies. And unfortunately, I don't have it.) Share your story by commenting.

Comments

Joe McCoy said…
Mine was Phillies/NY Giants pitcher Steve Ridzik. He was my 6th grade teacher's brother-in-law. I didn't .him when he so he told me that so he said "I'll get you his autograph.I still have it

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Remnant of a Lost Ballpark

Another Yankee Trade

Will He Wear Zero in the Bronx?