Lannan's Revenge

With Monday night's Yankee game in a rain delay, I flipped over to ESPN which had the Phillies and Nationals. John Lannan, who joined Philadelphia after six seasons in Washington, was dominating his old team, shutting them out on four hits over eight innings. Walking off the mound after tossing his last pitch of the night, he took a glance towards the DC dugout -- maybe his way of hinting, "So you think I'm not good enough for you?" He was more than good on this night.
My toughest challenge was finding a picture of Lannan in my files. Despite spending his entire career in the division where the Phils and Mets play, I'd only captured him on one occasion. He were are from August 2010 at Nationals Park against the Diamondbacks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Remnant of a Lost Ballpark

Another Yankee Trade

Will He Wear Zero in the Bronx?