Throwback Thursday: Cleveland

From June 1992: the Yankees take batting practice before a game at the old, cavernous Cleveland Stadium. Taken from the upper deck, the distance makes it almost impossible to make out any numbers. I think I recognize Mel Hall's #27 to the right of the cage. But that's about it. Do you see anything noteworthy? Did you ever see a game at this venerable ballpark? If so, post it as a comment.

Comments

i attended a Fourth of July weekend series in 1982 at that ball park,Yankees versus the Indians. I remember Dave Winfield homering in one of the three games.Yes,it was a cavernous ball park but since the Indians were terrible in 1982, l got a field level box seat about 10 rows behind home plate for the Friday night game.

Popular posts from this blog

If Your Birthday is October 9th...

Cy Fynalists

Moving Up the List