Throwback Thursday: Busch Stadium II

Fredbird, my pal Dennis, the Mets and Cardinals welcome you to Busch Stadium, its astroturf and multi-purpose symmetry in August 1989.
David Cone warming up in the bullpen -- which in St. Louis was down the line instead of beyond the fence.
Coach Bill Robinson meets with the umpiring crew at home plate. Below, a Met tries to steal second base.
Like the ones I posted of Comiskey Park a few weeks ago, I feared I'd lost these until recently, when I finally discovered my Busch Stadium photos packed inside a book. Now, years after this symbol of multi-purpose architecture has been replaced, it's a good time to look back a quarter-century in design and remember the way it was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Remnant of a Lost Ballpark

Another Yankee Trade

Will He Wear Zero in the Bronx?