Promoted

You know I love to catch minor league ball -- especially when one of the most impressive talents belongs to a team I follow. Yankee fans have read a lot about Aaron Judge since spring training. The 6'7 righty swinging power hitter was off to a strong start with Double-A Trenton, smacking a dozen homers while batting .284 in just over two months of action. I wanted to get a good look at him -- especially since my last visit to the Thunder, he had the day off. Last Wednesday, I caught him against the Reading Fightin' Phils at Arm and Hammer Park,
Glad we were in the fourth row. It gave me a chance to capture several good images. The timing was good since word's out that Judge has been promoted to the Yanks' Triple-A team in Scranton. Now he's just one step from the majors.
The onetime Cal State Fresno star is 23, and physically imposing. Tall but graceful, he looks like a ballplayer with a very promising future. Aceing Triple-A should be his final test.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Remnant of a Lost Ballpark

Another Yankee Trade

Will He Wear Zero in the Bronx?