Yankee Power

Friday night, the Yankees relied on their signature, the home run, as they beat the Orioles 7-5 at Camden Yards. Neil Walker (above) put the Yankees ahead in the top of the 10th, finding the center field seats against Cody Carroll. But they weren't done. Gleyber Torres walked, bringing up Luke Voit.
Recently obtained in a deal with the Cardinals, Voit got the start at 1st base instead of the slumping Greg Bird. It proved to be a wise choice by Aaron Boone; The Saint Louis native tied the game with a 4th inning homer, then came up again in the 10th. He crushed what proved to be the Carroll's final pitch of the night, giving the Yankees their insurance runs.
So where's my photo of Luke Voit? He's the player circled below in green.
The fun and mission of this blog is to pair my baseball photos with noteworthy games and players whose stories are worth telling. But I ran up against a problem regarding Luke Voit.
I checked my archive and matched it against baseball-reference.com -- and realized I've never been at a game where Voit played. He was at Citi Field last year with the Cardinals -- the only game of the series he sat out was the one I attended. Same story earlier this year. The best I could do was finding him sitting on the bench a couple weeks ago against the Rangers -- another game he never entered.
Let's hope Voit is in the starting lineup Tuesday night against the White Sox -- the next Yankee game I'll attend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Remnant of a Lost Ballpark

Another Yankee Trade

Will He Wear Zero in the Bronx?