Monday Night at Camden Yards

First time back at Camden Yards since 2013 -- as I saw the Orioles host the young and talented White Sox. Even more impressive than when I saw them play a few weeks ago at Yankee Stadium, the ChiSox did all their scoring from the 5th inning on. En route to a 12-2 win over the O's, I caught both Chicago home runs. The first I saw from section 16, row 3. Catcher James McCann sends one soaring off Baltimore's David Hess. Below, fans in the right field seats wait to be the lucky one who takes home a souvenir.
After driving up from the Outer Banks of North Carolina that day, I was running out of steam as the 7th inning arrived. Watching the action from the deck above right field, I zoomed in on 1st baseman Jose Abreu as he connected off Tanner Scott. It took an opposite field route -- look carefully at the stairs just behind Abreu and you'll see this home run as it starts to soar toward right field.
Here's the scramble as fans chase the ball down. Not a lot of folks on the deck, or anywhere else at Camden Yards -- the announced crowd was 8555, I'd cut that in half.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Remnant of a Lost Ballpark

Another Yankee Trade

Will He Wear Zero in the Bronx?