Heading Back to Syracuse Today

It's another mini Subway Series with the Syracuse Mets hosting the Yankees top farm club Scranton-Wilkes Barre -- beginning with a doubleheader, each game seven-innings (the longstanding minor league policy).

I'm eager to get a look at the Yankees young infielders Peraza and Cabrera, who've struggled the past couple of months. And crossing my fingers I'll get to chat with and get a long look at Miguel Andujar, who asked to be traded after playing well -- but was sent back to the minors after filling in during Giancarlo Stanton's time on the I-L.

The Mets have a disgruntled and demoted home-grown talent of their own in Dom Smith. And I'm curious to see if Staten Island native (and longtime minor league and KBO veteran) Tim Adleman gets onto the mound. You always have to love those home-town angles.

So, it should be an interesting day up at NBT Bank Stadium... I'll have photos tomorrow morning.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Remnant of a Lost Ballpark

Another Yankee Trade

Will He Wear Zero in the Bronx?