Random Images

 

I haven't seen Mookie Betts in person since his Red Sox days.  No surprise, he's been a perfect fit for the Dodgers as well.  Sunday, he homered as L.A. finished off a series sweep over the highly touted but so far underwhelming Padres.

(Below) That capped another frustrating weekend for Manny Machado, who went 0 for 3 with a walk, as San Diego lost its 11th consecutive series to the Dodgers.  11!  Not quite the results AJ Preller and Peter Seidler were expecting after spending big to beef up the roster.

I got my first look at Binghamton's Jose Peroza last Tuesday and I liked what I saw -- especially his home run off Rockies' prospect Case Williams.

One more from the minor league file:
Anthony Volpe, a year ago with Double-A Somerset.  The Yankees rookie shortstop flashed some impressive power this last week -- with three home runs and a triple.  Plus, after stealing 50 to lead the minors last year, he's swiped 13, good for second place in the American League as the season reaches the one-quarter mark. 

Finally, a happy birthday to infielder David Adams, who played in 43 games for the Yankees 10 seasons ago.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If Your Birthday is October 9th...

Cy Fynalists

Moving Up the List